By Team Splendid LifestyleApril 27, 2017
Millet i.e. bajra is a very nutritious food grain. It has many health benefits. There are many healthy recipes of bajra but to make it tastier here is a recipe of tasty and healthy snack, bajra chaklis. Crisp and crumbly bajra and wheat flour along with kalonji, the Bajra Chakli is sure to be an exciting experience for you. Chakli is a spiral shaped deep fried snack. You will need a chakli maker to make these chaklis which is available at almost all utensil stores.
How To Make Bajra Chakali (Millet Snacks) at Home?
Ingredients to make Bajra Chakali
- 1/2 cup bajra (black millet) flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic (lehsun)
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds (kalonji)
- 1 teaspoon green chilli paste
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon butter (room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon curd (dahi)
- Oil for deep-frying
Method to make bajra chakali
- Combine the millet flour, whole wheat flour, nigella seeds, grated garlic, green chilli paste and salt in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add the butter into the flour mixture using your fingers and mix it until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add the curd and knead into a soft dough using little water.
- Put this dough into a chakli press and press the chakli maker to prepare the chakli. Move in rounds to get a spiral shape. Make the chaklis on butter paper or aluminium foil, so that it’s easy to remove them.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan. Mildly remove each chakli from the foil using a flat ladle and deep-fry, over a medium flame until they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on a tissue paper to get rid of excess oil.
Cool and store in an air-tight container.